The Guild Hall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

... lol... Errrr...

+2
Slater
Ashiee
6 posters

Go down

... lol... Errrr... Empty ... lol... Errrr...

Post  Ashiee Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:25 am

I'll put this as one of those blog threads, since I'm still playing through the game and I might need more questions answered about other monsters. Smile

So I've just gotten to the 4* Elder Quests on this game, and I decided to take a plunge and fight Basarios.

Well... I don't like him very much.

Only thing that didn't bounce off of him was the spirit combo of my LS, but I assumed that was meant to happen, since, y'know... he's a rock.

So I keep doing the whole bounce-off-of-him-until-I-get-SC thing since it's the only thing that really works for me. His tail comes off, he flinches a few times and I die once.

And then he charges into one of those big volcanic rocks that explode, and he died.

Neutral So I won by default... that's nice...

1) HOLY HELL THAT THING'S A *BABY*?!
2) Am I meant to be bouncing off of him with green sharp or did I fight him too soon?
3) Heck, I'll even ask this: do you have to bomb this guy or shoot him or what?
4) Did I come close to killing him if he was killed by that explodey rock?

Ashiee
Ashiee
New Hunter
New Hunter

Back to top Go down

... lol... Errrr... Empty Re: ... lol... Errrr...

Post  Slater Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:26 pm

yes, basarios is a young Gravios, thus bouncing off him is normal. until you hit the higher ranks, like G rank, you pretty much bounce all the time. Its acutally best to pick up a bowgun or bow and take him out that way.

the volcanic rocks that go "boom" are like bombs. so they do a decent amount of set damage. so if one of those killed him, you had him at near death.
Slater
Slater
Administrator

https://theguildhall.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  VengefulTorture Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Yep! He's a baby, wait until gravios hahahaha. He'll kill you. Neutral

And yes you will bounce off of him; keep in mind that different weapons will react different to monsters. Lances may bounce on some where LS may not. As far as Bas goes any green weapon will probably bounce, but if you attack the legs or the stomach you've have a better chance at not bouncing.

And yeah Geist took care of the rocks basically; if he was killed by one he was close.
VengefulTorture
VengefulTorture
Head Moderator

https://www.youtube.com/vengefultorture

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashiee Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:13 pm

Slater wrote:yes, basarios is a young Gravios, thus bouncing off him is normal. until you hit the higher ranks, like G rank, you pretty much bounce all the time. Its acutally best to pick up a bowgun or bow and take him out that way.

the volcanic rocks that go "boom" are like bombs. so they do a decent amount of set damage. so if one of those killed him, you had him at near death.

Ah okay. I was under the impression that ESP-boosted weapons would help since they don't bounce. I'll have to look around.

as for bowguns/bow, it's a good thing I tried them out in the arena, because it turns out I actually really like them. Very Happy Will have to get my head around the gunner armors and such first. And he's a particularly slow monster so it should work well...

Just annoyed that I won by default. -_-

VengefulTorture wrote:Yep! He's a baby, wait until gravios hahahaha. He'll kill you. Neutral

And yes you will bounce off of him; keep in mind that different weapons will react different to monsters. Lances may bounce on some where LS may not. As far as Bas goes any green weapon will probably bounce, but if you attack the legs or the stomach you've have a better chance at not bouncing.

And yeah Geist took care of the rocks basically; if he was killed by one he was close.

At first I was looking forward to Gravios, but now... ehhh not so much. :C

I was considering trying Duals and Bow/Bowgun against him, see how that fares against him. It's annoying bouncing, it gives me the impression that I'm doing sweet f-all damage. Was kinda stunned his tail came flying off. XD

I have to say, MHFU monsters certainly have one up on the Tri monsters for their uniqueness.
Ashiee
Ashiee
New Hunter
New Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Slater Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:53 pm

Ashiee wrote:
Ah okay. I was under the impression that ESP-boosted weapons would help since they don't bounce. I'll have to look around.

ESP only makes it so your weapon doesn't bounce, but you still do the same amount of damage you would if you did bounce. ESP is best for weapons Gunlance and LS. but Venge is more capable of explain that reasoning then myself.

by the way, isn't it nice not to have to scream at some random nintentard all the time?
Slater
Slater
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashiee Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:41 am

Slater wrote:
Ashiee wrote:

ESP only makes it so your weapon doesn't bounce, but you still do the same amount of damage you would if you did bounce. ESP is best for weapons Gunlance and LS. but Venge is more capable of explain that reasoning then myself.

by the way, isn't it nice not to have to scream at some random nintentard all the time?

It does wonders for my stress levels, yes. Razz

As for Bows vs Basarios, I tried that yesterday. I'm better off using my bouncing LS. D: Bow took me 30 minutes and all my power coatings.
Ashiee
Ashiee
New Hunter
New Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  VengefulTorture Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:18 pm

Ashiee wrote:
Slater wrote:
Ashiee wrote:

It does wonders for my stress levels, yes. Razz

As for Bows vs Basarios, I tried that yesterday. I'm better off using my bouncing LS. D: Bow took me 30 minutes and all my power coatings.

You need a water or dragon bow with pierce! That'll destroy him.. sorta.. as bows are nerfed a lil in Unite.
VengefulTorture
VengefulTorture
Head Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Slater Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:11 pm

i normally use a straight up pierce type bow(Go Go gadget Blueblade bow!)
Slater
Slater
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashiee Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:40 am

NO, NO, NO! D8<

I now have a burning hatred for Giaprey, after it STOLE MY TIGREX KILL! AAAAARGH.

But in other news, I'm now in 5* Elder quests. Very Happy Yay! So far the monsters I like the least are the blasted crabs, favorite's gotta be Blangonga. Very Happy
Tigrex still scares me. :/ I rarely approach him to attack when he's pissed off, which makes the quest time-consuming since sometimes he's like Diablos. One hit and he's raging again.
Ashiee
Ashiee
New Hunter
New Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Slater Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:29 pm

tigrex is every player's nightmare when just starting off. i've come across plenty of players that started off with tri that said any fear they had of coming across deviljho when they first hit High rank doesn't even compare to trying to fight tigrex.

you dont like the crabs? really? they're not very fun to fight, but they're armor is the easiest to aquire.
Slater
Slater
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  VengefulTorture Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:15 pm

The crabs are great to fight for money! 3 min complete for the dual quest and you get nab 40K selling all the parts!
VengefulTorture
VengefulTorture
Head Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazdam Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:25 am

The crabs were awesome man!! Especially the G-rank ones. The only problem is that they are too easy to cut....
Kazdam
Kazdam
New Hunter
New Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Slater Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:17 pm

not sure what you mean as to "too easy to cut"
Slater
Slater
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashiee Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:22 am

lol I can relate to them feeling that way about Tigrex. Now I just exploit his high stagger rate from hitting his head.

I still hate the crabs, particularly Shogun, he pisses me off too much.

I'm up to Nekoht's urgent quest of Shen Gaoren, but because I'm slightly obsessive, I want to clear the 6* elder quests first. That and I'm arachnophobic and he's too spider-like for me.

I have a new most hated monster - it's a three-way tie between Rathalos and Lunatra/Teostra. I thought I was sweet with Teostra quests after killing him in the volcano, but now I have to fight him in the desert...

Yeeeeaaaaah I ragequitted for the day. It took me 35 minutes to kill him (two quests) and I really don't feel like going against him again any time soon (lolbecauseshe'stoolazytogetmorehoney).

But I do have a question. Are the monsters in Nekoht's quests any harder than the village elder quests? I know there's a difference in difficulty between village and guild, but is Nekoht's kinda like high rank or something?

Kinda getting bored of nailing the monster first go. :/
Ashiee
Ashiee
New Hunter
New Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  VengefulTorture Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:14 pm

Ashiee wrote:lol I can relate to them feeling that way about Tigrex. Now I just exploit his high stagger rate from hitting his head.

I still hate the crabs, particularly Shogun, he pisses me off too much.

I'm up to Nekoht's urgent quest of Shen Gaoren, but because I'm slightly obsessive, I want to clear the 6* elder quests first. That and I'm arachnophobic and he's too spider-like for me. lol

I have a new most hated monster - it's a three-way tie between Rathalos and Lunatra/Teostra. I thought I was sweet with Teostra quests after killing him in the volcano, but now I have to fight him in the desert...

Yeeeeaaaaah I ragequitted for the day. It took me 35 minutes to kill him (two quests) and I really don't feel like going against him again any time soon (lolbecauseshe'stoolazytogetmorehoney). again lol

But I do have a question. Are the monsters in Nekoht's quests any harder than the village elder quests? I know there's a difference in difficulty between village and guild, but is Nekoht's kinda like high rank or something?

Kinda getting bored of nailing the monster first go. :/

Nekoht's are harder than the elder quests; think of them as the "high rank" of village quests. So if you need high rank gear you can still get it there, solo, and it'll be easier than the guild. There are also quests there you can't find in the Guild hall, such as Monoblos or Kelbiados.

Also, what does your last sentence mean?

VengefulTorture
VengefulTorture
Head Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Slater Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:06 pm

nehkot is high rank equivalent as venge said, as well as monoblos/white monoblos and lunastra are both village only quests, so if you want their armor(Monoblos actually has some decent armor), i suggest you farm them as your doing those quests instead of back tracking to them later.
Slater
Slater
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghost Of Sparta Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:42 pm

Gravios (or as me and some people call him Mr Crumpets) will straight ruin your Pokemon and then piledrive your girl just for looking at him funny. Why? Because Foosa you that's why. He dares you to look at the foosas he's not giving. Cuz he's got a bad attitude and zero foosas to give.

Good luck young Padawan Smile

PS- Foosa= the eff bomb Smile

Last edited by Slater on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:13 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Looks like someone forgot to replace "fucks" ;) - I didn't forget, i didnt realize that it wouldn't actually replace the word no matter the form. looks like i got variations to add)

Ghost Of Sparta
Hunter
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Night_Seraph Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:28 pm

I read all this stuff and get excited! Yeah, ask me again in a week and I'll tell you how much I rage quit.
Night_Seraph
Night_Seraph
New Hunter
New Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  VengefulTorture Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Ghost Of Sparta wrote:Gravios (or as me and some people call him Mr Crumpets) will straight ruin your Pokemon and then piledrive your girl just for looking at him funny. Why? Because Foosa you that's why. He dares you to look at the foosas he's not giving. Cuz he's got a bad attitude and zero foosas to give.

heh.. he made your raged angry post into a cute cuddly bear that giggles when you tickle it's stomach. Feel castrated.
VengefulTorture
VengefulTorture
Head Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghost Of Sparta Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:51 pm

VengefulTorture wrote:
Ghost Of Sparta wrote:Gravios (or as me and some people call him Mr Crumpets) will straight ruin your Pokemon and then piledrive your girl just for looking at him funny. Why? Because Foosa you that's why. He dares you to look at the foosas he's not giving. Cuz he's got a bad attitude and zero foosas to give.

heh.. he made your raged angry post into a cute cuddly bear that giggles when you tickle it's stomach. Feel castrated.

Yeah I know Sad. The eff bomb was in there straight up, but he changed it. *sigh* lol

Ghost Of Sparta
Hunter
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghost Of Sparta Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:53 pm

Oh and wait until the dual BLACK Gravios in Nekoht's (spelling?) quests in the elders. I completely that quest with 30 seconds to spare. No joke.

Ghost Of Sparta
Hunter
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Slater Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:33 pm

i didnt have a problem with that one, but then of course gravios is my relaxed hunt monster. i embarrass gravios at everyturn. its VERY RARE that he ever even comes close to touching me.
Slater
Slater
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghost Of Sparta Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:38 am

Slater wrote:i didnt have a problem with that one, but then of course gravios is my relaxed hunt monster. i embarrass gravios at everyturn. its VERY RARE that he ever even comes close to touching me.

Honestly the only reason it took me that long is because I was using the Fatalis Duals, the dual thunder/dragon element. Maxed those out and I wanted to try them out. I didn't think about the fact that those two elements are the ones that Black Gravios has a wicked resistance too, hence the amount of time it took me to kill them lol. But I ended up completing it with those duals, so all is good.

Ghost Of Sparta
Hunter
Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum