About AGGL

View previous topic View next topic Go down

About AGGL

Post  Narati on Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:04 am

I'm curious about this, Slater, why do you feel that AGGL is cheating/abuse of glitch?

I know that if used with Mega Dash Juice, yes it is quite cheap (then again, anything with Mega Dash Juice is cheap), but without it you still have to manage your stamina properly. You also, obviously, can't block from behind so if you fail to turn around in time you still get hit.

Honestly, I don't think that this "glitch" would have gotten past the hundreds of testers they have at Capcom unnoticed, so I highly doubt it was an unintended mechanic. But really, I want to hear your opinion. What is your view on the whole thing?

Note: I don't intend to insult you by calling you out like this, I just feel that you may be misjudging AGGL a little bit.
Narati
New Hunter
New Hunter

Back to top Go down

Re: About AGGL

Post  Slater on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:12 pm

Its actually a glitch, capcom admitted to it. what AGGL does is allow you to abuse to glitch in the games mechanics to basically render yourself "invulnerable" for lack of a better term. theres always a few things that get past testers and developers. another big one for instance is dragon shot is WAY over powered. theres actually a misbalancing issue with it(you can kill HR agna with the jho LBG and only 18 dragon shots).

here's what happens(explaining what happens actually helps make things make more sense)
Auto guard states that it will make you block any time you could normally block. so if your capable of blocking but dont, autoguard activates and triggers you to block.
When your gunlancing, your not able to cancel out of your shelling to block. its impossible for anyone to cancel their shelling to block(people have tried, even the developers and they haven't been able to do it).
this is where the glitch comes in.
when using auto guard, the game will check at any moment as an attack hits you to see if you can block it. with AGGL, the object is to fire a shell right before getting hit, the attack will still take place, and when the game runs it's check, it some how overrides the shelling mechanic and forces you into a block. so you get to deal damage and block a the same time.

if you go over to gameFAQs, there's been HUGE debates over the subject. you have one guy, and a few people he knows who feel its legit VS the entire board over the subject.

I say, as wells as alot of others, that its cheating because glitch abuse is in fact a form of cheating. its not a legit tactic, and wasn't supposed to be there. but it happens and is an example as to why the game needs update patches.
Slater
Administrator

http://theguildhall.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Narati on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:41 pm

I see, I wandered over to Gamefaqs and had a read of a couple of things. I suppose I can agree to it being a exploitable glitch, but honestly, from my personal experience of constantly using it, it doesn't really make the game any easier. I know the argument is that all you need to do is shell to block, but it's not quite that simple. If you don't know how to use it properly, you still get hit a lot. Heck it's not even worth turtle shelling with, because it's tedious and takes forever to kill monsters like that. I've even died despite having used it all this time, and I would like to think I'm a fairly good hunter. You may see it as cheating, but it's not all that game changing imo.
Noobs using it will still fail. However experienced veterans using AG Gunlance for the first time will not have that many problems (because obviously they know how to play). I would also like to add that the glitch can even impair you at times, it's frustrating sometimes to be attacking a monster online, and a couple of the other hunters are knocking you into AG, getting rid of your stamina, then monster comes along and hits you really hard. >.<

Anyways, I'm glad I was able to hear your opinion, I was able to come to a decision about how I viewed it as well. Thanks.
Narati
New Hunter
New Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum