Starting up!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Starting up!

Post  Partystar on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:21 pm

Well my import came in today Very Happy

Well for very begining(first few stars) can anyone please tell me what guns will shoot what rapids? My game all japanese so i cant read.

Also! What skills does the starter armor have, i know one i protection, and can i gem any skill in the starter set?

Also, hen do i get my first fighter.

Can i eat in begining?

And 1 very last thing(ok 2)

What does that egg in village keep giving me?

And what is what on the farm upgrade guide? They all look like jars >.>

Those are it for now. I figured alot of it out so far despite the japanese Smile

Thanks for any info!
avatar
Partystar
Hunter
Hunter

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 23
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  VengefulTorture on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:28 pm

mhf3.com

That site helped me out a lot when i was starting off.

I dont know guns so sorry, i just rarely ever use em.
Eating is drinking from the cat in the spa - you need to do drink quests to unlock them, those are from the cat sitting on the chair in the spa.
The egg gives you hotspring eggs... basically useless.
And the jars are for bugs... but honestly i still have yet to use them. ever.

_________________
MH Vet

Click here for my Youtube Channel!
avatar
VengefulTorture
Head Moderator

Posts : 231
Join date : 2011-06-18
Age : 26
Location : Michigan

http://www.youtube.com/vengefultorture

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  Partystar on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:36 pm

Thank you! I finally got a cat ^_^

And thanks this site will be a gret help till i find my way around! Im doing pretty well on quests, that first honey one, i only knew what to do cuz the bear was there lol
avatar
Partystar
Hunter
Hunter

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 23
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  Slater on Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:43 am

the eggs can be eatin during a quest to give you a temporary immunizer effect, or you can use them with the fishing basket.

i didnt gun during lowrank, so i'm not much help there. when you hit highrank, ask away lol. you can buy cats right from the start, you get your first one for free, the second one you have to pay for. just try and make sure you have 2 right away to help you in collecting items early on.
avatar
Slater
Administrator

Posts : 271
Join date : 2011-06-17
Location : Oklahoma

http://theguildhall.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  Partystar on Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:02 am

Hahaha awesome thanks, is there a purpose to that cat in the base?

~So i started the Bulldrome quest unaware jin would show, i was H.Bowguning with the starter gun. i uses almost all my Normal shot lv2's on it(that was all i brought)

needless to say i was very ill prepared! but i did last a good while till i got hit -.-

Alos, (sorry it just so new still >.>) is it worth using gear spheres on weapons? does it help or anything, or would i be waisting supplys?


avatar
Partystar
Hunter
Hunter

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 23
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  VengefulTorture on Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:21 pm

Partystar wrote:Hahaha awesome thanks, is there a purpose to that cat in the base?

~So i started the Bulldrome quest unaware jin would show, i was H.Bowguning with the starter gun. i uses almost all my Normal shot lv2's on it(that was all i brought)

needless to say i was very ill prepared! but i did last a good while till i got hit -.-

Alos, (sorry it just so new still >.>) is it worth using gear spheres on weapons? does it help or anything, or would i be waisting supplys?



The cat in the base camp on quests is primarily for gathering quests. You can return there and give him items to take back to your box in the town, freeing up more space in your quest inventory.

Oh no definitely use the enhancement spheres on weapons, but be weary on which you use them on. They definitely add a good amount of attack (15points) but if you're just going to upgrade the weapon soon wait to use one. If you're stuck using that weapon for a while upgrade it or if it's the end weapon in a line use one of course.

_________________
MH Vet

Click here for my Youtube Channel!
avatar
VengefulTorture
Head Moderator

Posts : 231
Join date : 2011-06-18
Age : 26
Location : Michigan

http://www.youtube.com/vengefultorture

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  Partystar on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:34 pm

So these boost points dont carry over? Hm i better wait then

Do any of the yukomo weapons stay decent? They work well now, but will they become out of use quick?

avatar
Partystar
Hunter
Hunter

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 23
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  VengefulTorture on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:46 pm

Partystar wrote:So these boost points dont carry over? Hm i better wait then

Do any of the yukomo weapons stay decent? They work well now, but will they become out of use quick?


The line of Yukomo? not really... no... i'd stay away from them honestly.

_________________
MH Vet

Click here for my Youtube Channel!
avatar
VengefulTorture
Head Moderator

Posts : 231
Join date : 2011-06-18
Age : 26
Location : Michigan

http://www.youtube.com/vengefultorture

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  Partystar on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:20 pm

VengefulTorture wrote:
Partystar wrote:So these boost points dont carry over? Hm i better wait then

Do any of the yukomo weapons stay decent? They work well now, but will they become out of use quick?


The line of Yukomo? not really... no... i'd stay away from them honestly.
Oh alright thanks!

I was clearin them spa quests earlier..

What does the bottom set give you when you clear them? The top ones raised my max health to 120 when i set in spa so far.

avatar
Partystar
Hunter
Hunter

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 23
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  VengefulTorture on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:55 pm

Partystar wrote:
VengefulTorture wrote:
Partystar wrote:So these boost points dont carry over? Hm i better wait then

Do any of the yukomo weapons stay decent? They work well now, but will they become out of use quick?


The line of Yukomo? not really... no... i'd stay away from them honestly.
Oh alright thanks!

I was clearin them spa quests earlier..

What does the bottom set give you when you clear them? The top ones raised my max health to 120 when i set in spa so far.


Top increase spa health/stamina/glitter! and the bottom gives you all the drink options. When you clear one you should see a screen before the "do you want to save" screen telling you you've unlocked a new drink (it'll have a giant cup on it heh)

_________________
MH Vet

Click here for my Youtube Channel!
avatar
VengefulTorture
Head Moderator

Posts : 231
Join date : 2011-06-18
Age : 26
Location : Michigan

http://www.youtube.com/vengefultorture

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  Partystar on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:05 pm

VengefulTorture wrote:
Partystar wrote:
VengefulTorture wrote:
Partystar wrote:So these boost points dont carry over? Hm i better wait then

Do any of the yukomo weapons stay decent? They work well now, but will they become out of use quick?


The line of Yukomo? not really... no... i'd stay away from them honestly.
Oh alright thanks!

I was clearin them spa quests earlier..

What does the bottom set give you when you clear them? The top ones raised my max health to 120 when i set in spa so far.


Top increase spa health/stamina/glitter! and the bottom gives you all the drink options. When you clear one you should see a screen before the "do you want to save" screen telling you you've unlocked a new drink (it'll have a giant cup on it heh)
Oh gotcha! Glitter?

And i was maken bear armor cuz i like the bear, theres this green sac i nee for i think the arms? Any idea what it is or how to get it? I have all but that.

By the way thanks for all the help XD
avatar
Partystar
Hunter
Hunter

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 23
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  Slater on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:40 pm

Partystar wrote:Oh gotcha! Glitter?

And i was maken bear armor cuz i like the bear, theres this green sac i nee for i think the arms? Any idea what it is or how to get it? I have all but that.

By the way thanks for all the help XD

that green bottle is telling you it needs Altaroth abodmen(2 of them).

by glitter i think hes refering to the fact that once you finish the final hot srping quest, the last upragde makes teh spa all glittery(you also get health and stamina boosted to max)
avatar
Slater
Administrator

Posts : 271
Join date : 2011-06-17
Location : Oklahoma

http://theguildhall.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  Partystar on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:57 pm

Slater wrote:
Partystar wrote:Oh gotcha! Glitter?

And i was maken bear armor cuz i like the bear, theres this green sac i nee for i think the arms? Any idea what it is or how to get it? I have all but that.

By the way thanks for all the help XD

that green bottle is telling you it needs Altaroth abodmen(2 of them).

by glitter i think hes refering to the fact that once you finish the final hot srping quest, the last upragde makes teh spa all glittery(you also get health and stamina boosted to max)
Thanks now i can finish the armor!

About spa quests(bottom set).

Do the boss monsters have more health or somthing? It took me twice as long to do the bear there as it did in village, or do spa quests count as guild quess?

avatar
Partystar
Hunter
Hunter

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 23
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  Slater on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:06 pm

Partystar wrote:Thanks now i can finish the armor!

About spa quests(bottom set).

Do the boss monsters have more health or somthing? It took me twice as long to do the bear there as it did in village, or do spa quests count as guild quess?


the hot spring and drink quests work just like guild quests. you can have up to 4 poeple in one quest and they even have low and high ranking requirements. while they count as their own quest catagory, they're basically GH level quests.
avatar
Slater
Administrator

Posts : 271
Join date : 2011-06-17
Location : Oklahoma

http://theguildhall.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  Partystar on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:26 pm

Ok great! Thanks for the info!

Now are there any decent begining hunting horns worth getting? Ive been having alot of fun with the begining one, and i found i really like 3rds hunting horn Very Happy

I recently figured out which selection is tonteach your cat skills, i have a bomber/boomerang cat, some how to my luck of random skill selection i taught it armor flut and FELVINE BOMBS! It keeps makong my already lazy cat high! I tougjt them both 2 skills but i have no idea what the other ones skills are. They were chosen randomly hehe


Last edited by Partystar on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Partystar
Hunter
Hunter

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 23
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  Slater on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:05 am

Partystar wrote:Ok great! Thanks for the info!

Now are there any decent begining hunting horns worth getting? Ive been having alot of fun with the begining one, and i found i really like 3rds hunting horn Very Happy

hunting horn in portable 3rd is just like in Unite, they dont get to be exceptable until later on. the only one worth actually using at low rank is the agna accordian.
avatar
Slater
Administrator

Posts : 271
Join date : 2011-06-17
Location : Oklahoma

http://theguildhall.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  Partystar on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:09 am

Slater wrote:
Partystar wrote:Ok great! Thanks for the info!

Now are there any decent begining hunting horns worth getting? Ive been having alot of fun with the begining one, and i found i really like 3rds hunting horn Very Happy

hunting horn in portable 3rd is just like in Unite, they dont get to be exceptable until later on. the only one worth actually using at low rank is the agna accordian.

When i get there ill have to get that one then!

By the way do you know what bug is needed and where to get it for the pumkin hammer? And is the pumkin armor any good? Liiks kinda cool, but i dont wana waist supplys if the skills are bad.

I also got the felyne quest thing in the farm, is it basicly sending them out like you would trenya? Thats what i got out of it.
avatar
Partystar
Hunter
Hunter

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 23
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  Slater on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:15 pm

Partystar wrote:
By the way do you know what bug is needed and where to get it for the pumkin hammer? And is the pumkin armor any good? Liiks kinda cool, but i dont wana waist supplys if the skills are bad.

I also got the felyne quest thing in the farm, is it basicly sending them out like you would trenya? Thats what i got out of it.

its killer bettle, you can get them most anywhere, but try the volcano.

the pumpkin armor is bad, its got a few decent skills, but suffers from very low defense. its skills at low rank are: item use up, trapmaster, focus. the gunner and the blade have only one negative skill(guard -1 for blade, persicion -1 for gunner)
avatar
Slater
Administrator

Posts : 271
Join date : 2011-06-17
Location : Oklahoma

http://theguildhall.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  Partystar on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:58 pm

How do i not hae three i them then! All i do is gather >.>

Well ill findm soon! Thanks for the info!
avatar
Partystar
Hunter
Hunter

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 23
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  vincent on Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:50 am

Slater wrote:
Partystar wrote:
By the way do you know what bug is needed and where to get it for the pumkin hammer? And is the pumkin armor any good? Liiks kinda cool, but i dont wana waist supplys if the skills are bad.

I also got the felyne quest thing in the farm, is it basicly sending them out like you would trenya? Thats what i got out of it.

its killer bettle, you can get them most anywhere, but try the volcano.

the pumpkin armor is bad, its got a few decent skills, but suffers from very low defense. its skills at low rank are: item use up, trapmaster, focus. the gunner and the blade have only one negative skill(guard -1 for blade, persicion -1 for gunner)

when i read this i startded to get a little suck in pumpkin armour ...
xD
avatar
vincent
Hunter
Hunter

Posts : 53
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 22
Location : Phillipines

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  Slater on Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:32 pm

vincent wrote:
when i read this i startded to get a little suck in pumpkin armour ...
xD

not quite sure i understand what you meant here.
avatar
Slater
Administrator

Posts : 271
Join date : 2011-06-17
Location : Oklahoma

http://theguildhall.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  Partystar on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:02 pm

Slater wrote:
vincent wrote:
when i read this i startded to get a little suck in pumpkin armour ...
xD

not quite sure i understand what you meant here.
Nor do I? Care to clearify?
avatar
Partystar
Hunter
Hunter

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 23
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  Slater on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:34 pm

Partystar wrote:
Slater wrote:
vincent wrote:
when i read this i startded to get a little suck in pumpkin armour ...
xD

not quite sure i understand what you meant here.
Nor do I? Care to clearify?

now that i think about it, he may have meant to say sick, but hit the u by accident as they are right next to each other.
avatar
Slater
Administrator

Posts : 271
Join date : 2011-06-17
Location : Oklahoma

http://theguildhall.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  Partystar on Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:54 pm

Slater wrote:
Partystar wrote:
Slater wrote:
vincent wrote:
when i read this i startded to get a little suck in pumpkin armour ...
xD

not quite sure i understand what you meant here.
Nor do I? Care to clearify?

now that i think about it, he may have meant to say sick, but hit the u by accident as they are right next to each other.
Hm that does make sence!
avatar
Partystar
Hunter
Hunter

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 23
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  vincent on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:36 pm

Partystar wrote:
Slater wrote:
Partystar wrote:
Slater wrote:
vincent wrote:
when i read this i startded to get a little suck in pumpkin armour ...
xD

not quite sure i understand what you meant here.
Nor do I? Care to clearify?

now that i think about it, he may have meant to say sick, but hit the u by accident as they are right next to each other.
Hm that does make sence!
yeah i mean sick sorry im in rush
avatar
vincent
Hunter
Hunter

Posts : 53
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 22
Location : Phillipines

Back to top Go down

Re: Starting up!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum